Purchasing further shares in your property – Staircasing
If you are a shared owner and would like to purchase further shares please read the guidance below.
You need to be able to say yes to the following points before proceeding:
- You have lived at the property for more than 6 months
- Your rent account is currently not in arrears
- Your lease allows you to buy further shares (on a small number of developments there is a restriction as to how much you can own)
- You can affordably finance the purchase of further shares
If this is the case we can proceed as follows:
- The property is valued by an Independant Chartered Surveyor: we can arrange this on your behalf if you choose. You will need to meet the cost of this formal valuation.
- The current market valuation is then used to calculate the price of the further shares you want to purchase. The valuation, and therefore price is valid for 3 months.
- Once this price is agreed you can appoint a solicitor. We will then instruct our solicitor to commence the legal process.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us on 0845 456 6757 option 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org